Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Humble Introduction...

Greetings, after talking with a few people about my weight loss journey they suggested I share my experiences on this journey. I was very motivated reading "Timberman's" post so hopefully I can pass that motivation on to others.

    In July of 2010 I had been married for 2 years to my awesome wife Jessica and we were blessed with the birth of our first, a baby girl. I got on the scale and was 315lbs and knew it was time for a change. I dusted off a old mountain bike and started to ride, first a few mile at time, now after just two months I have completed multiple 40 mile flat trail rides and recently a 62 mile ride. Cycling has been a great exercise tool due to the low impact and lack of impact on my joints. My knees are in bad shape from carrying around my weight for so many years. Currently I have lost 20lbs in the last two months on cycling, dieting, and general lifestyle chances.

Me Currently:



I am blessed to have plenty of support from my wife and family. Both of my brothers are in tip top shape, yet are always there to exercise with me. I got the chance to run a 1/2 marathon a few years ago with them, they supported me the entire time and ran step for step with me, finished 2hrs 45 mins.

My goals are to
1) Complete 62 mile Mountain Bike XC Race mid October
2) 2011: Sprint Tri, 75/100 mile road bike race, 1/2 Marathon, and finish the year with a  Olympic Tri Next Fall


Thank you for your time, God Bless - Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment